Sunday 5 October 2014

Alex - Part 1 - Laplace's Demon

  Alex's fingers are deep into the man's unprepared trapezius, pushing apart tense muscles. It is remarkable the power that can be found if one digs even slightly below the surface of something. You built steel obelisks in honour of this truth. Alex sighed quietly, watching as the man he had grabbed tried to keep from begging, his body unable to stand properly. 
  After Bosnia, Alex thinks that I cannot see him or that I haven't kept watch. He doesn't know that each one of his atoms rests and glows in a way that bends the space of my body. I can reverse the irreversible and watch this whole show on repeat like I have a million times before. So I've known about the little drama of Alex for quite a while. I've watched over him since his mother was born. And I can see him now, dragging that poor man over to a doorway. Customers at a place like this think that money buys everything. Don't I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment